So I found a delicious recipe called Mediterranean Pasta that seemed right up my ally the other day. It was pretty easy, and fairly healthy. So I decided to try it out, but made a few changes...
* 8 ounces uncooked pasta (I used whole wheat penne that we had in the pantry but you can use whatever you choose.)
* 1 can artichoke hearts drained (I used quartered)
*1/4 cup pitted black olives chopped
* tbsp olive oil
*2 cloves garlic pressed
*1 can tomatoes diced and drained
*1 cup feta cheese
* 1 cup Classico "Light"Alfredo sauce
* 1 cup fresh spinach
1. Cook pasta according to directions in saucepan.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic begins to turn gold. Reduce heat and add Spinach.
3. Once spinach is soft, add olives, artichokes, tomatoes, and Alfredo sauce. Heat 1-2 minutes, stirring gently until heated through. Remove from heat, stir in warm pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
This was pretty yummy, and still really good left-over. Enjoy!
For the original recipe, please see: