Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baby Shower Invite #1

I've been getting a lot of repin's and questions on my two baby shower invites on Pinterest, so I thought it would be nice to do a short how-to for those interested in re-creating these little masterpieces (or you can just pay me and my sister to make them for you ;-))

Lace Baby Shower Invitation

I created this invitation for my own baby shower. It matched perfectly with her baby room. I liked the nice, neutral color with just a tiny hint of pink.
What You'll Need:

  1. Scrapbook paper
  2. A Roll of Fabric Lace Trim (They sell this at major fabric/craft stores. The roll is much easier than cutting strips from lace fabric)
  3. A roll of skinny colored ribbon.
  4. Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
  5. Clear, Roll-on double sided tape.
  6. Paper cutter, scissors, etc.
How to Assemble:

  1. Cut scrapbook paper to size desired, and run through the printer with your chosen wording.
  2. Cut two (2) pieces of fabric lace trim for the top and bottom of the invite.
  3. Adhere the fabric lace trim using clear, roll-on double-sided tape. Press firmly.
  4. Cut and tie a bow using the skinny colored ribbon of your choice. I like to cut the end pieces into an inverted triangle.
  5. Adhere bow using hot glue
  6. Put in envelope. I like to use the clear ones offline (yes they can be mailed!). That way it shows off all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment