Saturday, June 14, 2014
Cacio E Pepe : Cheese and Pepper Pasta
So here is how it's made...
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of Parmesan
1/4 cup of Romano or Asiago
1 lb of Linguini Pasta
Black Pepper corns (freshly ground) to Taste
Salt to Taste
1/4-1/2 cup of Reserve Pasta Water
1. Boil Pasta
2. While boiling pasta, in a deep skillet, melt butter along with a teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
3. Drain pasta, reserving at least 1/2 cup of the water.
4. Add pasta to the skillet and stir, mixing well with butter and pepper.
5. Add 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup of Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of Romano (or Asiago). Stir and mix well on low-medium heat.
6. Add more reserved pasta water to loosen sauce if needed and to make the mixture more creamy.
7. Top with salt, remaining cheese, and additional pepper.