Monday, August 12, 2013

The REAL Birth Story...

Your Birth Story…

Before you were born, I had a dream.

The doctor came in,

And said you were taken from me.


It all seemed so real,

And the pain so overwhelming

I didn’t think I’d ever heal.

I awoke crying.


Within my soul was an internal struggle.

What if it was a sign?

What if you were in trouble?


I just couldn’t leave it up to chance.

So despite my best intentions,

I took my silent stance.


I called the doctor

The very next day,

And made the appointment

That would determine your birthday.


I told only family of your planned arrival.

Fibbing to friends,

I felt the secret was vital.


I labored all night and into the next day.

I accepted the drugs

That kept the pain at bay.


After hours of pushing,

It became clear

That you just were not budging.

A C-Section was my greatest fear.


Your first scream made me heart sigh.

Born healthy at 7:42 pm,

7 pounds, 7 ounces, 21 and a half inches high.


Looking back now, I have no regrets

This is how it was supposed to be

A perfect day I’ll never forget






































No comments:

Post a Comment